Here are some fun and easy ideas for fundraising at school:
The Challenge for Schools in Rural Africa
The schools and communities we work with in Malawi face many challenges, meaning children often leave school without receiving the quality of education they deserve:
· Discrimination against minorities, children living with disabilities and girls prevent them from attending or staying in school.
· Families living in poverty can’t afford to support their children's education.
· Teachers lack proper training or support, so they struggle to effectively engage their students or stay motivated.
· Classrooms can be unsafe and are often missing vital textbooks and resources.
· Toilets can be unhygienic and water supplies unsafe, putting children at risk of preventable diseases.
Our School Fundraising Programme, developed in consultation with UK teachers, provides lesson plans linked to the national curriculum, as well as school presentations, games and resources to help your students:
· Gain a better understanding of global issues
· Learn about the cause they are supporting
· Establish links between their lives and the lives of those that they are helping
· Understand the work of charities
· Develop participation skills and their role in active global citizenship
· Work as a team to understand how individual and collective actions can benefit others
Your school will also gain an unforgettable insight into life and learning in a school in sub-Saharan Africa.
· £150 could buy sports equipment, including footballs, volleyballs and netballs, for one school.
· £200 could provide textbooks and learning resources, such as educational games and visual aids, for one class.
· £500 could provide a handwashing station, so children have a clean and hygienic place to wash their hands
· £1,000 could pay for 3 extra teachers and improve education outcomes for over-crowded classrooms.
· £2500 could build a safe and hygienic toilet block with eight latrines.
· £10,000 could pay for a new classroom and provide a safe, reliable and accessible place for children to learn.
Hope Africa is an International Christian Charity dedicated to bringing hope to people in Africa. We ask you to stand in prayer with us and to believe God for increase, opportunity and open doors to end sickness, disease and poverty.
Africa is a continent with 54 countries and with huge contrasts in levels of development and poverty. Malawi is one of the poorest countries with 50% of the population living below the poverty line and 25% living in extreme poverty.
Our vision is a world where everyone has access to safe drinking water; has food to eat every day and has a good quality education – so they can dream and hope for a better future. Our aim is to impact one life at a time.